From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-14 20:17:47

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:27:07 -0600, D. R. Evans wrote
> A couple of days ago I requested help (below) as to why
> greg_month.cpp in
> 1.33.0 was giving errors under VC++ 6.0. Seeing no response, I guess
> I'll just go back to 1.30.2, which was the version that has been
> working fine.
>
> Sorry to have troubled you.

Sorry, I've been insanely busy...I missed your first mail.

Are you compiling with bjam or in the IDE? I'm suspecting the IDE b/c most of
the library compiles and builds on the VC6 regression platforms. There was a
change in 1.33 to the facet code that VC6 can't compile and requires a new
macro setting so that VC6 will use the old I/O code. Here's the relevant
section from the build notes in case I'm guessing correctly:

  As of version 1.33, the date_time library introduced a new IO streaming
  system. Some compilers are not capable of utilizing this new system. For
  those compilers the earlier ("legacy") IO system is still available.
  Non-supported compilers will select the legacy system automatically but
  the user can force the usage of the legacy system by defining
  USE_DATE_TIME_PRE_1_33_FACET_IO.

Whole thing is at:

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/date_time/details.html#date_time.buildinfo

HTH,

Jeff

ps: if that's not it please send me the whole bjam log in a private email and
we will look at it.