From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-19 01:01:56

The library implementation strives to avoid including redundant data in the
archive.
That's why things are the way they are.

Note that you've expressed a desire to do this in order to support the edit
of
XML archives. In the past I've suggested that this is a bad idea and my
opinion hasn't changed.

But if you insist you want to do it. Make a derivation of xml_archive which
does the following.

Overrides the serialization of class id, load, object_id etc to maintain a
table
which relates object_id -> class_id -> class_name. Then overide
serialization
of save to lookup the class_id, and class name in the table an add them to
the file.

This won't be terrible efficient - but heck - its XML so its not going to be
efficient anyway.

Good luck.

Robert Ramey