From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-21 20:41:31

eliminate the stream close() statements.

The sequence is

construct stream
construct archive
ar << ...
destroy archive - for xml at least this finishes off the xml.
destroy stream - this empties the buffer and closes the stream

There is another more fundamental problem with your code:

Robert Ramey

Sam Contapay wrote:
> Sorry I tried to post this through the newsserver gateway. I didn't
> see the message show up after half and hour so I'm assuming it didn't
> post correctly as this email address wasn't subscribed. I apologize
> if it does
>
> ----------ORIGINAL EMAIL---------------- I've been trying to get
> missing something so I can use anyones "eyes" for help.
> This is a program written using VC7.1 and I do have RTTI on. I am
> able to save data from a MAP file to an ASCII text file using the
> serialize functions, but I'm having a problem getting that
> information back into my object. Here are some relevant code snippets
> if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be really
> appreciated. Also is their an archive that I can search? This news
> group is only leting me download like 100 messages.
>
> main class with serialize
>
> private:
> std::map<std::string, int> WordMapA;
> std::map<std::string, int> WordMapB;
> friend class boost::serialization::access; template <class Archive>
> void serialize(Archive & ar, const unsigned int version) { ar &
> WordMapA; ar & WordMapB; }
>
> Now here is my save and load
>
> save:
> // Save the bayes filter especially the map for later use
> std::ofstream ofs("BayesFilter.stb");
boost::archive::text_oarchive