From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-26 10:13:01

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 16:41:09 +0200, Roman Morokutti wrote
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Jeff Garland wrote:
> > ...snip code from another language which shouldn't be posted here ;-)
> well, I should be aware of this.
>
> I have the latest version of boost every day. I make a build every night
> on the whole boost project. Great job of you all. I had never have
> any- time problems with one build. It always went through. First
> with mingw now with vc-80.
>
> Your examples are the correct represantation of the example postet.
> One question left.
>
> First I thought the '%' sign is a placeholder for equal patterns. As
> I then tried to modify your examples using a pattern instead of

Well, no modification was needed. You should take a look at the docs -- in
case you haven't found this:

http://www.boost.org/doc/html/date_time/date_time_io.html#date_time.format_flags

> time_input_facet* timefacet = new time_input_facet("%d.%m.%Y %H:%M");
>
> this one:
>
> time_input_facet* timefacet = new time_input_facet("dd.mm.YYYY
> HH:MM");
>
> the whole program crashed. Are there intentions to support patterns
> with the latter?

No, I have no plan to support other string definition forms. I think the
current flags give you all the same capabilities and is more consistent with
C++ standards.

That said, I am concerned that the program crashed -- that doesn't sound like
desireable behavior. I suspect the reason has something to do with the fact
that the string you are passing doesn't have any valid strings to parse --
something I'm pretty sure we don't test. Anyway, I'll put that on the todo
list to add a test and better specify the behavior related to completely
invalid format strings. It probably would be nice to have an exception in
this case...

Jeff

Jeff