From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-31 11:41:22

"Elisha Berns" <e.berns_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Ok,
>
> So this isn't a Boost.X question, but I have to ask since Dave Abrahams
> is giving two talks at the C++ Connections conference next week.

Three if you count the 3-hour metaprogramming class.

> The
> question is since the sessions, any session not just Dave's, are either
> only 60 or 75 minutes max, how informative and in depth can they
> possibly be? It would appear they are only to whet one's appetite for
> learning something, but that is precisely my question.

FWIW, I proposed my talks thinking they would be 90 minutes. One of
them fit naturally into a 60 minute slot, it turned out. In the other
one, in which I was going to cover three topics, I'm going to have to
ask attendees to vote for any two.

> Thanks for offering an appraisal whether this conference is really
> worth the bother.

It looks like a pretty good lineup to me, but maybe I'm biased. :)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting