From: Ross Boylan (ross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-31 13:46:48

I have a library that uses boost and also uses a pre-release version
of the ptr_container (header only) library that eventually made it
into boost 1.33 (I think). I would like people to be able to compile
my code with various versions of boost. I've had it working with 1.31
and 1.32, and expect to have it working with 1.33 when that reaches my
distribution.

I have a subdirectory with the pre-release ptr_container library and
some supporting code from elsewhere in boost. This is in a "boost"
subdirectory of my project, which has included the directory above
that unconditionally in my compilations. With 1.33 I think I want to
ignore my local stuff completely.

I'm using autoconf and libtool. Are there autoconf macros available
for detecting the boost libraries?

Do people have any suggestions about the best way to proceed? One
possibility that occurs to me is to test for the version of the
library at configure time, and make the include path depend on the
results.

Thanks.
Ross Boylan