From: Ross Boylan (ross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-31 14:56:40

While reading the web pages for the threads library I noticed some
missing references. I don't know if they reflect a problem with the
documentation source or a problem with the processing converting the
source into html (if there was any such processing). I did check the
html source of teh web pages to verify that it wasn't a display
problem with my browser.

http://boost.org/doc/html/threads.html#id1357380
In "Potentially non-thread-safe functions" this appears:
"It is possible to write thread-safe implementations of these by using
thread specific storage (see boost::thread_specific_ptr), and several
C++ compiler vendors do just that. The technique is well-know and is
explained in ."
The reference at the end is missing.

I thought I saw another example like this in the threads doc, but
can't find it now.

Also, the quote from Brinch Hansen at the end of
http://boost.org/doc/html/threads/rationale.html doesn't indicate the
source (though one could at least guess the article from the
bibliography, though he's co-author of another one in the bibliography).