From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-01 06:45:34

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Andreas Volz <lists_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Martes, Noviembre 1, 2005 0:28 am
Asunto: Re: [Boost-users] [Multi-Index] composite_key problems

> I got it working! Perhaps I've some more questions, but for now I
> couldcontinue my work.

Excellent! Good luck with your project.

> Did someone create a SQL language wrapper around multi_index? I think
> this could be a very great feature. People that know SQL could really
> easy use it without learning too much other stuff.

There's currently a very active debate going on with respect to
the merits of two libraries which offer a more SQL-friendly
interface to handle multi-index data structures (none of them is
actually SQL compatible, though.) Google for

RML site:boost.org

to get some links to the discussion. RML site is

http://visula.org/relational/

while RTL stuff can be found at

http://boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?
&direction=0&order=&directory=RTL

> I thought about
> using a lightweight SQL lib (e.g. sqlite) before I found multi_index.
> But I don't save my data into a file, so multi_index fits perfect.

You can also save/load multi_index_containers contents to/from a file
via Boost.Serialization. Check

http://boost.org/libs/multi_index/doc/advanced_topics.html#serializatio

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo