From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-01 10:51:56

  "Piyush Kapadia" <piyush.kapadia_at_[hidden]> wrote in message news:7e7bf0020511010615t8c92a2asfe149a43ba845080_at_mail.gmail.com...
  We have a situation where there is BaseAbstract class and Derived concrete class.
  Interface requires that we pass BaseAbstractClassPointer, using which user can provide any of Derived Concrete class pointer and Interface remain generic to them.

  However serializing BaseAbstractPointer is throwing following error -
   A unregistered class

  How do we handle this situation ?
See Reference >> Pointers >> Pointers to Objects of Derived Classes in the serialization docs. You'll have to explicitly register your derived classes.

Jeff Flinn