From: relative_at_[hidden]
Date: 2005-11-03 13:56:02

i'd like to use boost serialization to serialize > 1 independent objects to
a large file through a seekable stream, i.e. > 1 serialization archives in
one file.
can you turn off the archive signature("serialization::archiv") at the
beginning of the output, or do I have to write my own archive class for
that?

and 2nd, is there a way(except serializing to a std::stringstream) to find
out the archive size beforehand, e.g. an archive class which doesn't really
serialize things but add up the size in bytes of the binary output?

thanks,