From: Oliver.Kowalke_at_[hidden]
Date: 2005-11-08 03:08:51

Hello,
I could get the boost libraries linked against my application if I
compile the boost libraries with -fpic (bjam "-sBUILD=release debug
<cxxflags>-fpic" "-sTOOLS=gcc" install).

I think you should use -fpic as default parameter in the boost build for
gcc on (at least) HP/UX PA RISC 11.11.

The -fPIC choice always works, but may produce larger code than -fpic.
Using -fpic option usually generates smaller and faster code, but will
have platform-dependent limitations, such as the number of globally
visible symbols or the size of the code. The linker will tell you
whether it fits when you create the shared library. When in doubt, I
choose -fPIC, because it always works.

@John: would this be possible?

With regards,
Oliver