From: Noel Yap (noel.yap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-08 22:28:08

On 11/8/05, Nat Goodspeed <ngoodspeed_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> [...]

Noel.

> Sorry, I don't understand you at all. On my Windows system I
> installed Python 2.3 into the default directory, c:\Python23. Likewise
> Python 2.4 is installed in c:\Python24. The only pyconfig.h files on my
> system are in 'include' subdirectories of those two directories. They
> don't seem to be in compiler-dependent locations, and those 'include'
> subdirs ARE where 300+ other Python header files live.

My configuration is different. It's on Unix and I want to be able to
support different compilers and compiler versions hence the separate
location of pyconfig.h.

> [Nat] So, maybe the reason I don't understand the problem you're having
> is because you're on a different system with a different compiler.

The default installation of Python would place the pyconfig.h file in
the same directory as the rest of the header files. Since I want to
be able to support different Python builds, the pyconfig.h file has to
reside in a separate directory -- one related to the bin and lib
directories (eg one using the --exec-prefix setting to configure). It
seems Boost.Python can't grok this notion and I'll have to hack the
configure script and possbily other stuff to get this to work.

Noel