From: Hendra Hidayat (h2chch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-14 15:22:25

Hi,
I have a problem when using stream class from
iostreams library. I have created a device class say
GDevice using iostreams::device_tag and
iostreams::input_seekable tag. In GDevice I 've
declared and implemented read function inside GDevice
class. I also create a stream class let's say GStream
which derived from iostreams::stream<GDevice>. The
problem was occured when I created object from GStream
and call GStream's read function directly to read say
n bytes data. The GStream's read function invoked
GDevice's read function not in n bytes data but always
in 4096 bits. I dont understand where this number came
from. I'm using boost 1.33, gcc compiler version 4.0.2
under x86-64 bit suse linux. Can somebody help me?

Faithfully yours

Hendra Hidayat

Geophysical Lab.
Natural Physics Dept.