From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-15 18:02:26

Taking this to the devel list...

Jeff Garland wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:17:00 -0500, David Abrahams wrote
>
>>Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> writes:

>>>It's all explained in
>>><http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started.html#Results>.
>>
>>Rene, I get the impression that 28 variants is a lot more than most
>>people want, at least at first. Maybe we shouldn't build all of them
>>by default, and just supply enough to "get started?"
>
> I think at one point Doug suggested that a single variant is the most common
> case, and I agree.

OK, but which ever variant one picks, dynamic, static, etc., will mean
that some subset of the libraries will not get built as not all
libraries support building in any variant.

What was the variant that Doug suggested?

By the way it's only 16 variants that get built. The rest are the result
of not having the version tag so those are just either copies or symlinks.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything