From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-16 12:21:45

Hi there, my project is using its own created zlib.lib, thats why I
want to create the iostreams libs using our own zlib.lib . Creating
the iostreams libs I use the following build command:

bjam -sTOOLS=vc-7_1 --libdir=c:\boost\lib --with-iostreams
"-sZLIB_BINARY=C:\CHH\External\Libraries\Release\zlib"
"-sZLIB_INCLUDE=C:\CHH\External\Includes\zlib"
"-sZLIB_LIBPATH=C:\CHH\External\Libraries\Release" --without-python
stage

Note that the ZLIB_SOURCE variable is missing. Otherwise the build
would create it's own zlib library.

Here is the warning I get when bjam is building the debug lib:

LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of
other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

The problem arises because it's using a release built zlib.lib with
the debug built iostream lib, since I can only pass one zlib to the
build command.

A solution would be to have two variables ZLIB_LIBPATH_DEBUG and
ZLIB_LIBPATH_RELEASE. Which is the standard procedure.

Or is there a variable in the boost build for creating debug lib only?

Greets,
Christian