From: Johan Oudinet (johan.oudinet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-21 09:53:26

On 11/21/05, Joaquín Mª López Muñoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Johan Oudinet ha escrito:
>
> [...]
>
> I think a multi_index_container would be a perfect fit here,
> because it can provide a sequenced index as the VertexList
> interface and additional ordered indices for lookup.
> Unfortunately, this cannot be made to work without some serious
> hacking, unless BGL provided additional guarantees on some
> internal details of adjacency_list. The complete story can be read
> at
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/116970
>
> where you can find the efforts of a guy called Alexander to blend
> BGL and Boost.MultiIndex. In the end he succeeded, but only at
> the expense of relying on the internal implementation of
> adjacency_list. 100% unsafe.

Thanks for the URL, it was an interresting experience but too long and
unsafe for me :-(

> Of course, it this a recurrent need I think it'd be great if
> adjacency_list
> can be extended/overspecified so as to work with multi_index_containers.
> My hunch is that little actual work would be needed.

I agree with you and I hope this work will be soon (so I can use it
without doing the Alexander's work :-p)
I used a mapping from IP address to vertex_descriptor until BGL
provides multi_index_containers.

Cheers,

--
Johan