From: Merrill Cornish (merrill.cornish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-21 20:39:59

Christian,

If I put an unknown --option on the command line, I get an exception with an
"unknown option" message, just as you would expect.

If I omit --limit from the command line, then it gets defaulted to 1, just as it should.

However, if I put --limit on the command line with an illegal value, say a string or a
negative number rather than an unsigned int, then there is no exception message,
even though I am catching std::exception& and (...) and printing a message for both.
Instead, Dr Watson is called, apparently without triggering a C++ exception.

Merrill