From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-11-29 11:48:35

Boris Gubenko wrote:
> Philip A. Naecker wrote:
>
>>After you built jam, were you able to build the entire boost library
>>using
>>jam?
>
> I did not try. As you pointed out in your previous mail, VMS-specific
> changes should be done not only to build.jam, but to other jam files
> as well. Until this is done, there is no point in even trying to use
> jam on VMS, I believe.

AFAIK most of the building of Boost should work at this point. But
that's only as far as the build system is concerned. Yes there are going
to be some minor exceptions to that but theoretically we wrote the build
system so that most of the platform work is done by bjam itself. But
then since VMS hasn't been attempted in some time it might be a rocky start.

> The main
> problem on VMS is tools, like jam. And a toolset for VMS, of course.

Yea, that would be the main problem. Someone needs to write a
Boost.Build toolset for VMS.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything