From: Yuval Ronen (ronen_yuval_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-01 04:54:38

Hi.

I have a feature I would like to see in the string algo library.
The present find_head function gets an unsigned int N and returns the
head of the input string with size is at most N. I would like another
option that will return the head of the input with size at most
original_size minus N. In other words, all the string without the last N
characters. if original_size < N the return would be an empty string.

The interface for such a functionality might introduce a new function
(find_head_but()?), or make the present find_head function accept a
signed int N, instead of unsigned int, with a negetive number indicates
the new functionality.

And of course the same for find_tail.

Thanks,
Yuval