From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-04 00:01:31

After reading (and re-reading a few times) the documentation on
range, it appears to me that there is little (if any) difference between:
boost::sub_range<T>
and
boost::iterator_range<T::iterator>

I've been working on a N way merge algorithm for work, and thought it
might be a nice chance to learn bost::range and maybe even get it
general enough to submit for boost utility some day.
At any rate. Here's the problem: I've written a test case and two
implementations (work still in progress) but I get compile errors
when I try to use sub_range.

the code can be found at http://www.noidea128.org/sourcefiles/15646~

to change the program from compiling/running the iterator_range to
sub_range simply change the lne from:

Nway_merge(contain, ourmerged);
-to-
SNway_merge(contain, ourmerged);

my compiler (VC-8_0) gives two errors which I cannot decipher.
Any assistance would be appreciated.... especially if I've
misunderstood why sub_range instead of iterator_range.

Victor A. Wagner Jr. http://rudbek.com
               "There oughta be a law"