From: Ben Hutchings (ben.hutchings_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-06 15:17:15

David M Garza wrote:

>I tried building smart_ptr_test.cpp using the following command:
>
>g++ -I /users4/dgarza/boost_1_33_0/ -O0 -o smart_ptr_test smart_ptr_test.cpp
>
>just to make sure I had control of the optimization level.

This command line is wrong. You must use both the -pthread and
-D_REENTRANT options when building multithreaded programs with g++ on
IA64. Regrettably Boost.Build did not include -D_REENTRANT in this case
prior to version 1.33.1, since it is implied by -pthread on most
architectures (so much for portability of GCC!). This error may or may
not be responsible for the failures.

Ben.