From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-13 11:13:53

This suggests to me that your view of what the serialization library is is
way of of sync of what it is intended to be and what its intended to be used
for.

The serialization library saves and restores the state of data in your
application.

An archive is a data stream where the data is stored.

The archive is not manipulated explicitly by the program. There is no place
in the library where one could introduce the concept and corresponding code
to "remove data from the archive". The only way to do this is to remove the
data from the C++ data structures that the archive would correspond to and
create another archive.

I don't know if that helps, but I think its the best I can do.

Robert Ramey