From: Clarke, Trevor (tclarke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 10:46:32

I'm compiling some code that uses crc.hpp. On windows (VS2003) it works
fine. On Solaris 8 (Sun Studio 8), I get the following error. (offending
code included below)

>> Assertion: unhandled expression in abi2_mangler::entity_expression
(../lnk/v2mangler.cc, line 1584)

    while processing /.../boost/crc.hpp at line 57.

If I delete lines 47-58, I get the same error on line 45. If I delete
lines 41-59, I get the same error on line 39 which is a comment. A
google search turns up a thread in sun's forums dealing with a bug in
the Forte 7 compiler. However, that only showed up when compiling with
-g so I removed the -g from my compile line and still get the error. Has
anyone else seen this?

36 // workaround is to make up a dummy function argument that encodes
the template

37 // arguments. Calls to such template functions need all their
template

38 // arguments explicitly specified. At least one compiler that needs
this

39 // workaround also needs the default value for the dummy argument to
be

40 // specified in the definition.

41 #if defined(__GNUC__) ||
!defined(BOOST_NO_EXPLICIT_FUNCTION_TEMPLATE_ARGUMENTS)

42 #define BOOST_CRC_DUMMY_PARM_TYPE

43 #define BOOST_CRC_DUMMY_INIT

44 #define BOOST_ACRC_DUMMY_PARM_TYPE

45 #define BOOST_ACRC_DUMMY_INIT

46 #else

47 namespace boost { namespace detail {

48 template < std::size_t Bits, BOOST_CRC_PARM_TYPE TruncPoly,

49 BOOST_CRC_PARM_TYPE InitRem, BOOST_CRC_PARM_TYPE FinalXor,

50 bool ReflectIn, bool ReflectRem >

51 struct dummy_crc_argument { };

52 } }

53 #define BOOST_CRC_DUMMY_PARM_TYPE ,
detail::dummy_crc_argument<Bits, \

54 TruncPoly, InitRem, FinalXor, ReflectIn, ReflectRem> *p_

55 #define BOOST_CRC_DUMMY_INIT BOOST_CRC_DUMMY_PARM_TYPE = 0

56 #define BOOST_CRC_DUMMY_PARM_TYPE

57 #define BOOST_ACRC_DUMMY_PARM_TYPE ,
detail::dummy_crc_argument<Bits, \

58 TruncPoly, 0, 0, false, false> *p_

59 #endif

Trevor R.H. Clarke

tclarke at ball com <mailto:tclarke_at_[hidden]>

Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp