From: Merrill Cornish (merrill.cornish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-15 14:11:53

Imran,

>>>Is the problem not the extensions (.dll/.lib vs .so/.a)?
>>>Why didn't boost name them properly when I specified mingw?

.dll is for shared libraries on Windows. .lib is for static libraries on Windows.
.so and .a are for shared/static on Unix/Linux.

It shouldn't matter whether you are using GNU make or not. MinGW uses
g++ to do the linking, and it's g++ that has the file ordering requirement
on the command line.

On the other hand, if you aren't using g++ (or gcc, which calls g++), then
maybe your linker doesn't have the ordering problem.

Is the error you are getting about unresolved references?

Merrill