From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-16 12:21:56

The system includes text and xml archives which are portable.

Also included are native binary archives which are not portable accross
platforms.

There is an example of a portable binary archive. It is incomplete in that
doesn't include code for floating point number. Another difficulty in
making a good implementation of this is the lack of portable method of
detecting and re-creating different kinds of nan's

So you're in new territory here.

Good Luck

Robert Ramey