From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-27 05:13:39

> Currently, I can use smart pointers successfully.
> I also tried to use boost\date_time libraries and I found most of them
> can not be used with eVC++. I got "unknown CE compiler" error message.
> So, I suppose I will get that message in most cases.
>
> As I revealed there is a compiler detection mechanism in file
> boost\config\compiler\visualc.hpp but I couldn't find
> out how exactly it is used.
>
> I'd like to identify all Boost libraries which can not be used with
> eVC++. Could anyone give me a few hints about how to start such
> identification? Are there any macro definitions or can I expect that
> visualc.hpp can
> help me in this task?

I suspect there was a bug in visualc.hpp that causes that #error to be
generated in almost all cases with eVC++ (it's been fixed in cvs), so try
commenting out the offending #error. After that if it compiles then it'll
likely work (but try running a test program or two to make sure).
Unfortunately we've never had anyone run the tests regularly on embedded
platforms so your mileage may vary: so any feedback will be gratefully
received!

John.