From: Merrill Cornish (merrill.cornish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-27 20:28:17

Robert,

I changed the archive output from XML to text. The example I sent you
prevously ran to completion without error. However, the text format
doesn't have enough syntax detail to make a syntax error obvious. The
text archive it generated was

22 serialization::archive 3 0 1 1 1 0
0 0 0 0 1 -1 4 abcd 0 0 0 0 8 20051227 0 0 0 18 41 40 0

I had also written a serialization test for another class. Its serialize()
function looks like this

private:
    friend class boost::serialization::access;
    template<class Archive>
    void serialize(Archive& ar, const unsigned int version) {
        ar & BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP(mNode);
        ar & BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP(mInputIndex);
        ar & BOOST_SERIALIZATION_NVP(mIsInbound);
    }//serialize()

where, again, mNode is a shared_ptr, mInputIndex is size_t,
and mIsInbound is a bool. The code to generate the archive
and to then read is back is as I showed you before. The
archive generated was

22 serialization::archive 3 0 1 1 1 0
0 0 1

Is that enough of an archive to record the serialize()
function above? The serialization of the mNode data
member should have included the value 1142 in it, but I
see nothing that would represent that.

Merrill