From: Tamas Szepes (tamas.szepes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-12-28 15:11:48

Hi All,

I'm learning to use the multi-index library by rewriting an existing STL
based code.
I'm storing rectangles (X, Y, Width, Height, ...) in a set ordered by a
composite key on X, Y.

What is the best way to select rectangles where X has a certain value and
sort the result by Width? Can I use a sorted indice on Width, or I must sort
the range? I also thought to create a composite key on X and Width, but
sorting order is run time determined and I have a dosen other properties.

I'm realy looking for the possibility to mimic SQL's ORDER BY clause.

Thanks for any help in advance,
Tamas