From: Xavier.Abulker_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-02-01 03:45:49

Thank you everybody for you help,
The SUN patch solved my problem.
Regards

Xavier.Abulker_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to install Boost 1.33.1 on a Sun Solaris 5.9 Sunpro 11 and
> after the command:
> bjam "-sTOOLS=sunpro" install
> I receive the error message:
>

>>> Assertion: (../lnk/init.cc, line 1032)
>>>
> while processing
/ftx/opt/SUNWspro/prod/include/CC/Cstd/rw/messages.cc
> at line 0.
> >> Assertion: (../lnk/init.cc, line 1032)
> while processing
/ftx/opt/SUNWspro/prod/include/CC/Cstd/rw/messages.cc
> at line 0.
>
> Do you know how I can solve this problem?
> It looks like Sun has released a patch to solve the error "Assertion:
> (../lnk/init.cc, line 1032)" but I can't find it for solaris 5.9 +
Studio
> 11

You need the latest set of patches for both the compiler and the back
end - you can download those from SUN.

I've been experimenting with those with a view to run Boost regression
tests on Solaris (10 in my case) and with the latest patchset installed
it will still fail to compile about 60 to 80 targets out of the close to
1300 for the 'stage' target. In my experience this is the best result
for any Sun compiler so far.

As mentioned in the other email it is worth compiling it against stlport
and not the older RogueWave library.

Regards,
Timo