From: Paul Giaccone (paulg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-02 04:59:30

Rush Manbert wrote:

>I haven't had time to read all the responses to this, so I apologize if
>I have duplicated someone else's reply.
>
>It would be good to know what the experienced users consider to be the
>"everyday" or "basic" parts of Boost. The safe casts come to mind. I
>guess what I'm thinking of is something along the lines of "even if you
>use nothing else from this library collection, the following minimum set
>will help you write safer C++ code."

Top of the list, as far as I'm concerned, has to be smart pointers. You
would not see me using traditional memory allocation on the heap any
more, unless some other third-party library insists on it. Spending
ages debugging memory leaks and tracking down missing "delete"s is now
mercifully a distant memory.

Paul