From: Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2006-02-03 02:09:44

Hello,

I just want to say thanks to all of you supporting my Boost book.

> From: James Hughes [mailto:JHughes_at_[hidden]]
> Subject: RE: [Boost-users] Björn Karlsson's Boost Book
>
> I agree. I have the book and it has been very useful
> (although I have not
> used Boost in anger just yet as project is only just
> starting). He really
> needs to do another book that covers the rest of the library!

James,

Writing a book is a huge undertaking, and it's readers' testimonies of
usefulness that make it worthwhile. Thanks. Regarding another Boost book, I
do have a book on the STL algorithms to write first. After that, who
knows...

> > From: John Maddock [mailto:john_at_[hidden]]
> >
> > Absolutely, actually it's a very good book IMO (and not just
> > because I proofread some of the chapters!).

John,

I believe that the fantastic help I received from you and other brilliant
Boosters was key in striking the balance between technical detail and
user-level topics. So, your proofreading definitely made the book much
better.

Cheers,
Bjorn