From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-08 02:46:23

"Soni, Aashit" ha escrito:

> Hi Joaquín, Éric
> I appreciate your response, Before that I got some workaround from the
> web and the snippet I have written to port it to my existing project
> worked until I face real problem. My observation is like when I have
> Ordered_index with std::string, the code I have written compiles
> really well and works also. But when I remove this ordered_index, the
> code does not compile.Here is the code that compiles:
> <<Multi_index_container_working.txt>>Here is the code that does not
> compile: <<Multi_index_container_not_working.txt>>If you see the
> difference I have only two lines commented.

Yes, I'm able to reproduce the problem you report under MSVC 6.0.
Two remarks:

* The problem does not show with the CVS version of Boost.MultiIndex (to

be shipped in Boost 1.34), as it includes a number of optimizations
alleviating
the choking of MSVC 6.0 with very long symbol names, which is the core
reason for this weird behavior.
* Until you switch to Boost 1.34 (and even when you do), you can try
avoiding
the use of tags and using numeric identifiers instead. Tags add some
stress to
such a weak compiler as MSVC 6.0. The attached file is a variation of
your
Multi_index_container_not_working.txt file where tags have been
suppressed
and numerical identifiers used instead. I have checked it out to compile

and work OK under MSVC 6.0.

I hope this helps, please keep me informed otherwise,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo