From: Orhun Birsoy (obirsoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-08 09:53:48

I was able to extract regex and build it, Thanks for the help for my
previous problem.

But, (there is always a but) the size is huge (well, more than one
expects). I used "bcp boost/regex.hpp C:\Development\3rdParty\Regex" to
extract the regex library. For now, I do not need to build the examples
etc.

The extracted directory contains 1246 Files (8.75 MB), and it looks like
it contains bind, function, iterator, mpl, preprocessor, regex, thread,
type_traits, utility, smart_ptr libraries from boost. (boost/mpl contains
649 files, boost/preprocessor contains 149 files)

Although I used make files to build (VC80), when building regex, it didn't
require the thread library. I wonder whether it is really necessary.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the size of this? Or am I doing
something wrong?

For example when extracting smart_ptr library I commented out the line
that includes <boost/detail/quick_allocator.hpp> in sp_counted_impl.hpp (I
will not use it), so that bcp does not extract the mpl library, which
reduced the extracted file count to 85, from 345.

I wonder whether similar tricks are available for regex as well.

--
Orhun Birsoy