From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-09 10:17:02

I've included that facility and a test which demonstrates it.

test_no_rtti demonstrates how it can be used with a
type_info facility which uses the string associated with the
type via BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT.

Other than that it hasn't been really tested/explored extensively.

After doing all this, it occurred to me that it RTTI would still
be required to serialize the std::vector etc. This could be
worked around by some combination of the above

a) implemented BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT for those
serializations in the library

b) making a custom extended_type_info class which uses some
other yet to be determined method.

c) avoiding serialization of types not exported via pointers. That
is, only types serialized via pointers required RTTI. (at least
that's the intention - better test this!!)

Robert Ramey