From: Delfin Rojas (drojas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-10 17:17:47

> Dhanvi Kapila wrote:
> >
> > What do you mean with "exit handlers"? Can you provide an example?
> by exit handlers I mean some special function that would be
> gauranteed to be called whenever the thread is exiting.
> This is where my application can place specific code to be
> done on thread exit ?

There is something like that in boost::thread but it is only supported for
win32. See boost/thread/detail/tss_hooks.hpp

On the other hand, if what you want is to call a function when the thread is
exiting "normally" (when the thread proc exits via normal flow or exception)
then I think Sebastian's idea of a sentry object is the best and it is more
portable. You can pass the "callback function" as a parameter to your thread
proc (using bind) and initialize the local sentry object with it.

-delfin