From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-10 11:35:14

RIVASSEAU Jean Noel wrote:
> I already pointed this out to Robert, the correct use is on the cpp
> file, not the documentation.
>
> I am also using no RTTI, for me it works fine

Well, I'm quite gratified that it works well. I wrote the test but I never
felt that was a complete test of the concept of using one's own
custom type id system (extended_type_info_no_rtti in this case).

> except that I have to
> do all sort of strange things to get the thing to link correctly
> without multiple definitions.

Hmmm - I wouldn't think that this type of problem is
related to the extended_type_info system. You should
track this down and find the real cause. You might
take a look at demo pimpl which might (or not)
shed some light on this.

Robert Ramey