From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-12 17:20:48

> The easiest way to do it is to have compiled boost libraries. This
> means that you have run the bjam install procedure instead of just
> copying the header files over to /usr/include/boost. With the libs
> installed, you will need to put -lboost_unit_test_framework on your
> boost link line.

The easiest way is indeed to use a bjam.

Just make bjam in boost/buils/src directory.
Then run
bjam -sTOOLS=gcc <example-name>

This command will build both the library (put it in proper place) and an
example.

> You should now be OK, except for the fact that you
> might find your test output a little disconcerting. I was expecting
> something like PERL's test module output

Why? In C++ we should expect something similal to what C++ compilers
produce.

> but instead got something
> which looks like it was generated by g++'s compile error generator. On

Yes. And VC++. But if you prefer different output format you could easily
enough generate almost any desirable one. (if anyone interrsted to submit
this for inclusion into library that maybe considered)

>>Hi,
>>
>>I would like to try the boost test library.
>>
>>I see the example here, but I don't know how to
>>compile and run it on Linux, Can anyone please help?
>>/home/yinglcs/data/src/boost_1_33_1/libs/test/example
>>
>>Thank you.
>>Sam

P.S. I recommend openning new thread instead of chnaging subject in existent
one.