From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-12 20:30:39

[Sorry, in another post I incorrectly used "PYTHON_PATH" instead of
"PYTHONPATH"]

FYI, http://www.boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm#cplussig is usually a
better place to go with Boost.Python questions.

"yinglcs2_at_[hidden]" <yinglcs2_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I am trying to build and run the boost python example:
> http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/tutorial/doc/html/python/hello.html
>
> But after I run the bjam command, how can I import
> that to my python environment on Linux?

If you want to import the hello.so module,

   # Allow the system to find libboost_python.so
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=bin/boost/libs/python/build/libboost_python.so/gcc/debug/shared-linkable-true
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

   # Allow python to find the extension module
   PYTHONPATH=./bin/tutorial/hello.so/gcc/debug/shared-linkable-true
   export PYTHONPATH

   python -c "import hello; print hello.greet()"

HTH,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting