From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-12 23:57:16

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:37:32 -0800, Scott Meyers wrote
> Google found me a 12 October 2005 posting by Beman Dawes to this
> newsgroup stating that John Maddock's TR1 library has been accepted
> by Boost. But if I search for TR1 at
> http://boost.org/libs/libraries.htm, I don't find the library.
> Searching more generally yields lots of hits at
> www.boost.org/regression-logs/
> (e.g., http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/cs-
> win32_metacomm/doc/html/boost_tr1.html), and this suggests that just
> because a library has been accepted by Boost doesn't mean it will
> show up in the list at http://boost.org/libs/libraries.htm. Can
> somebody please explain to me what are probably the basics of what
> it means to be "in" Boost, how that interacts with the list of Boost
> libraries at boost.org, and what the significance of the regression-
> logs directory is?

It just means that the TR1 library isn't in the current boost release (1.33.1)
that you can download. It's been accepted and is in the mainline repository
-- hence it is being regression tested and prepared for the next release. So
if you want to play with it you will need to get the latest version of CVS
(see instructions here http://boost.org/more/getting_started.html#CVS)

The best way to see the state of the libraries is on the the review schedule page:

http://boost.org/more/formal_review_schedule.html

HTH,

Jeff