From: Scott (cheesy4poofs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-13 08:14:07

> Robert Vinluan wrote:
>
> >Right now, in order to compile and link to the iostreams
> library with
> >zlib/bzip2 support, I have to include the .cpp files in my
> project (as
> >mentioned in the boost docs). I'm not too fond of this idea
> as I want
> >to keep 3rd-party code outside of my project build.
> >
> >Perhaps I have missed something in the docs, but is there
> another way to
> >link with the iostreams library without including the .cpp files?
> >

> Huh ? I don't understand... forgive me for my ignorance, since I'm
> probably missing your point, but I just, for example, #include
> <boost/iostreams/stream.hpp> and it just works, without
> linking to any
> special lib... what exactly are your needs that require
> linking against
> a lib? Or is it that bzip2/zlib support needs linking with a boost
> library ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Leon Mergen
> http://www.solatis.com/

I have the exact same problem Robert describes. I have compiled iostreams
on Windows XP with zlib support (using my downloaded copy of zlib) and I
added the various ZLIB parameters to bjam for compiling iostreams with zlib
support. However, anytime I try to compile/link a program using iostreams
with zlib, I get the same error message. (It's looking for a non-existent
zlib library to link to, instead of the zlib library I compiled boost with).