From: Markus Werle (numerical.simulation_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-13 08:53:19

Hi!

When using the boost::test unit-test framework calls like

boost::unit_test::test_suite* test =
  BOOST_TEST_SUITE( "Testing Something" );

test->add(BOOST_TEST_CASE(&test_function_with_expected_error), 1);

lead to an error in return code when used together
with VC7 as a post-build step

Of course I could use runtime argument "--result_code=no", but then
how can I make a difference between expected and unexpected errors?
It makes sense to me to have expected errors in a testsuite, and especially
to declare a test failure when an expected error does not appear.
Could you please explain how boost::test supports this without
having to write "failure-tests" myself?

Markus