From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-13 19:08:11

Alexander Kondratyuk wrote:
> Hello all.
> Is there any way to get the library to work with the following command line:
> "--first=11 --first=12"
> ?
>
> So, I want to see the two values for the 'first' option in variable_map,
> but cant figure out how to do it using program_options features.

Why not have the parameter as:

"--first=11,12"

instead of trying to create more than one parameter with the same
parameter name.

Personally because of the type of solution I suggested, which is
probably the way most uses of such a multi-value value parameter would
look like, with possibly a different separator than a comma, I do not
think a parameter library should have to cater to the same parameter
name more than once on the command line.