From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-13 23:47:11

The serialization library can't generate a GUID.

It has a macro named BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT_GUID(class, guid)
so you can associate your own GUID with a particular class
to be created at runtime. So you still need to generate
a guid somehow.

The macro BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(class_name) just resolves
to BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT_GUID(class_name, "class_name") on the
theory that this will be sufficiently unique enough
for most applications. If this isn't true, you'll
have to use a really GUID.

Good Luck.

Robert Ramey