From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-14 21:13:26

rwm33_at_[hidden] wrote:
> Hello
>
> When updating libraries from boost 1.32 to 1.33 our previous code
> that had no previous linking problems developed linking errors. I
> then attempted to compile the demo.cpp serialization code included in
> the boost documentation tutorial and received the same errors.
>
> I attach below the code and the error message I got.
>
> I am working on a Linux Gentoo machine with Boost installed by
> e-portage. I believe boost is properly installed as it works with
> other libraries.

The message suggests that the serialization libraries are not linked in.
This would likely be an issue with link command line.

Note that many/most of the boost libaries are header only so you
might not notice any problem until you use certain libaries which
have precompiled code such as serialization.

Robert Ramey