From: Max Motovilov (max_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-16 08:54:21

Dave,

Thanks! Isn't there a problem with equal_range() where both the first
edition of the standard and the work paper you referred to explicitly
mention comp(e,value) and comp(value,e)? That, while consistent with the
behavior of the original STL, seems to still require a symmetrical
predicate...

Regards,
...Max...

http://swsw.motovilov.net/weblogs/swsw/archives/2006/02/asymmetrical_pr.html
> > but am wondering if perhaps I missed a generic solution in one of the
Boost

http://www.boost-consulting.com/vault/index.php?&direction=0&order=&directory=Algorithms/binary_search