From: Scott Meyers (usenet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-16 12:03:44

David Abrahams wrote:
> There's also:
> - in the review queue
> - in a stable state but with no review requested (yet)
> - in development
>
> Only the first one of those last three has any formal status.
>
>>But I also hear a lot about libraries being in the Boost sandbox, and I don't
>>really know what that means. Is this explained somewhere?
>
> It's just a repository for code in one of the last 2 states.

So people developing code with an eye towards submission to Boost may choose to
do their development in the sandbox, but this is not required, right? Have most
submissions spent time in the sandbox, or is it equally common for somebody to
submit something they'd been working on their own completely independent of Boost?

> I'll be covering all this in my SD West talk. Unfortunately, as you
> know, our talks overlap ;-)

Which I truly regret, but that notwithstanding, is this information available at
Boost somewhere? If not, I think it would be helpful for more people than just me.

Thanks,

Scott