From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-18 13:42:26

"Nat Goodspeed" <ngoodspeed_at_[hidden]> writes:

> [...]

It's a graph search problem. You could code it by hand instead of
using the graph library (and make mistakes) if you really want to ;-)

> Wouldn't it
> work just to point bcp to the compiler of interest -- by giving it the
> name of one of a set of small prepackaged files that #defines the
> vendor-specific compiler-predefined macros that Boost cares about -- and
> let bcp operate on post-Wave, fully-preprocessed source code? Ah: that
> would actually discard the identities of all the #included files! Sigh.

Also, there are macros introduced by Jamfiles and configuration macros
set by users in their own Jam/Make/whateverfiles. Unless you know
what their values will be ahead of time, you may leave out some files
the user will need.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting