From: Rush Manbert (rush_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-20 16:40:53

Hi all,

I am setting up a local CVS archive and I found that when I imported the
boost 1.33.1 distribution there are some files that get ignored by CVS.
Eventually I figured out that the missing files are described by the
path expression "libs/python/pyste/tests/*.cpp" relative to the top
level directory. From that I found the .cvsignore in the same directory
that specifies *.cpp as an ignore pattern.

There are more .cvsignore files in the distribution tree, but this is
the only one that filters out files for an import.

Does anyone have any guidance as to how CVS imports of Boost source code
distributions should be done? Should I delete all of the .cvsignore
files in the distribution before importing? Should I replace them with
an empty version of the file? Should I do something else?

A related question for developers. Should the .cvsignore files be
removed from the distribution tree before it is released to the public?

Thanks,
Rush