From: Jeff Flinn (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-27 08:40:34

D. R. Evans wrote:
> Incidentally, I get the same result if I try:
>
> C:\boost\boost_1_33_1>bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" "-sVC71_ROOT=C:\Program
> Files\Micros oft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7"
>
> In fact, I get the same result using any reasonable set of parameters
> on the command line.
>
> Doc
>
> PS This is getting so painful and with no end in sight I'm wondering
> whether anyone has a Windows VC 7.1 build of 1_33_1 that I could grab
> or they could send? Actually, I only want the debug multi-threaded
> date-time library.

I can assure you that boost 1_33_1 has been succesfully installed using MS
vc7.1. I've done it on several PC's here. My first guess would be somehow
your download was corrupted. I'd first try re-downloading boost from the
website. The one difference is that I copy bjam.exe to my boost_1_33_1
directory and issue:

    bjam "-sTOOLS=vc-7_1" stage

at the command prompt.

Other possible causes that I could conceive:

    1) wrong bjam.exe
    2) corrupt disk
    3) bad install of vc7.1

If you still need the dll/lib I can send it to your email address.

Jeff Flinn