From: Tobias Combe (tobias.combe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-28 07:17:59

Hello

I read the documention and some prior postings to related topics.
But none of the proposed solutions seems to work for me.

My problem:

I have an abstarct base class(with pure vitual function) and several
derived from that. All are written in the same source/header -file. I
want to serialize an object via a pointer to the base-class.
When i use "ar.register<derived>();" in the template of the base-class
to register the derived classes, i get a syntax error.
When i export them with "BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(derived);" or
BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT_GUID(derived,"derived") it doesn't work (i think
because they are all in the same file).
I'm also using "BOOST_IS_ABSTRACT(base);"
When i comment "oa << object;" ervything compiles fine.
Uncommented i get a:
boost/archive/detail/oserializer.hpp:567: error: incomplete type `
 boost::STATIC_ASSERTION_FAILURE<false>' does not have member `value'
error...

So is there a solution (without seperating the derived classes into
different files) for this problem?